Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Off Caffeine It's Easier When I'm Tired

I've gotten more sensitive to weather changes, exercise, and food intake as regards sleep. Now that I'm safely esconced in my mid-40's, I've started to question whether we need caffeine. On the way to school this morning I was telling my son, Stuart, that I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've gone without caffeine for this long since I was 16. But, at least the amount of tiredness is what I call reasonable relative to what I usually felt like when I was using caffeine and tired. Today is my 12th day off of caffeine.

4th day of no appreciable processed sugar intake.

3rd day of no appreciable amount of bread.

1st day of no diet soda.

Yes, I've been having Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi & Diet Coke up to this point. Not today.

I've got to get some tea and yes, I will be careful as so many teas have caffeine. Oh, that reminds me. Did you know that Decaf Coffee is not truly decaf? If you drink "unleaded", don't have a half dozen cups! And the cups! My mom probably had a cup that was 8-10 ounces. Circle K and 7-Eleven and Starbucks and even Peets are happy to sell you 24 ounce cups of coffee and larger.

No comments:

Statcounter


View My Stats